Rapid Bike Evo - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 04-25-2016, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Rapid Bike Evo

Hi,

Does any one installed Rapid bike Evo ?? do you have any screenshots or manual how to install? please Help me out much appreciated.

I bought new Rapid bike Evo with MWR airfilter and i have cored exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-26-2016, 03:25 PM

Bought one and had a professional install. I love it.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-03-2016, 02:02 PM

I installed mine and someone emailed me the instructions before I received mine. PM me your email address and I'll send them your way!
sranugula likes this.

MY15 899: DP racing seat, rear cowl, Rapidbike EVO, Shorai battery, Sprint P08, AiM Solo DL, radiator guards, EVR slipper clutch, CNC Racing Pramac Rearsets, Ohlins TTX GP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-04-2016, 03:29 AM

I fitted one. It made a lot of difference with the standard mufflers and ECU, but not so much difference with the Termis and re-map, but it has only been on for a few hundred miles in that setup.

I installed my loom and mounted the module differently to the instructions, rather than running between the cylinders, I threaded behind the panel on the left that holds the regulator, over the frame behind the airbox seal, and then down behind the panel that holds the factory ECU.

I also mounted the module on the inner front left fairing, as I wasn't happy about hanging it with cable-ties beside a hot exhaust system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rapidbike Module.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	32882  
post #5 of 11 Old 05-05-2016, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotCom View Post
I installed mine and someone emailed me the instructions before I received mine. PM me your email address and I'll send them your way!

Here is my Email: (sranugula@gmail.com)

I appreciate it thanks
post #6 of 11 Old 05-05-2016, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Do we just need to install rapid bike or do we need to connect to laptop for tuning after the installation ??
post #7 of 11 Old 05-06-2016, 04:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sranugula View Post
Do we just need to install rapid bike or do we need to connect to laptop for tuning after the installation ??
Just install and ride away. The RB will self-tune over the next 200km/120miles or so. The throttle will feel fluffy at the start, but your patience will be rewarded as you put in the miles and let the RB do its thing.
post #8 of 11 Old 05-06-2016, 04:07 AM

From memory, the map for the 899 has only been updated once by Rapidbike since I purchased mine last year. So that was the only time it was necessary to connect the laptop.
post #9 of 11 Old 05-06-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManMike View Post
From memory, the map for the 899 has only been updated once by Rapidbike since I purchased mine last year. So that was the only time it was necessary to connect the laptop.
Do you know when this map was updated?
post #10 of 11 Old 05-06-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinkredibul View Post
Do you know when this map was updated?
I just checked the file, and it looks like it hasn't been updated since 4/4/14, which is well before I bought the module, so it must have been the firmware that was updated instead. I definitely remember being told by the Rapidbike program to connect to the bike for a necessary update, though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page