3Likes
  • 1 Post By sinjin
  • 1 Post By sinjin
  • 1 Post By MarkDucati

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-16-2017, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Question Top fairing extenders white

Hello Ducati family.
Found these on eBay and want to put them on my white 899.

DUCATI PANIGALE TOP FAIRING EXTENDERS BULK HEADS WHITE 48110851AW 48110841AW | eBay

According to the vendor, this 1199 white is different from the 899 white.

Is there a big difference between the two?

Anyone here using those extenders on their bike? Red or white?

2014 899 Panigale (White With Red Rims): GP Shifted(up and down shift with two shifters), Competion Werks Fender Eliminator Kit, Bikemaster Hand Grip, Shorty Levers, Seat Cowl, After Market Red Steering Damper with Black Clamp, Clutch, Brake and Rear Brake With Covers... Current Bike to Mod.

2011 848 EVO: Sold

2007 GSXR 600: Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-17-2017, 05:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
Hello Ducati family.
Found these on eBay and want to put them on my white 899.

DUCATI PANIGALE TOP FAIRING EXTENDERS BULK HEADS WHITE 48110851AW 48110841AW | eBay

According to the vendor, this 1199 white is different from the 899 white.

Is there a big difference between the two?

Anyone here using those extenders on their bike? Red or white?
From what I understand, these shipped red with the red 1199S and some 899 owners would buy them and install on the 899 since the two sets of fairings are the same.

However, it was reported that once you put these on, they essentially become permanent since the process of install / removal will damage the paint on your fairing.
Karlos likes this.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Yoshimura R-55 LE Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
post #3 of 6 Old 02-17-2017, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
From what I understand, these shipped red with the red 1199S and some 899 owners would buy them and install on the 899 since the two sets of fairings are the same.

However, it was reported that once you put these on, they essentially become permanent since the process of install / removal will damage the paint on your fairing.
Thank you for the reply Sinjin.
But, is there a serious difference between the 2 whites.
I could return them if I see a too big difference.
But what is your opinion in the color difference?

2014 899 Panigale (White With Red Rims): GP Shifted(up and down shift with two shifters), Competion Werks Fender Eliminator Kit, Bikemaster Hand Grip, Shorty Levers, Seat Cowl, After Market Red Steering Damper with Black Clamp, Clutch, Brake and Rear Brake With Covers... Current Bike to Mod.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-17-2017, 10:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
Thank you for the reply Sinjin.
But, is there a serious difference between the 2 whites.
I could return them if I see a too big difference.
But what is your opinion in the color difference?
I know that owners of both the 1199 and 899 have experienced issues with white OEM Ducati parts, such as the rear seat cowl, not matching the AWS fairings, so it is quite possible that the white extenders could have variances with regard to hue or shade of the paint on your bike. I am not sure whether it was because the bike itself was clear coated and perhaps the parts themselves were not, but there were definitely differences reported.

One would expect that fairings would be uniform in the paint and texture, but only by comparing the two side by side will you be able to confirm that the paint matches.

Sorry that I can't provide any more insight.
Karlos likes this.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Yoshimura R-55 LE Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
post #5 of 6 Old 02-17-2017, 10:53 AM

I wouldn't buy them, the picture in your link, they look like they are clear coated and don't have the standard matte finish! The description even says "pearl white" not the 899 white, they will NOT match.
Karlos likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-17-2017, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very guys.
I appreciate your support in this!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page