Nope - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 02-13-2017, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Nope

Was riding with a buddy the other day. He has a Diavel and had just gotten a new front pirelli diablo corsa.

he told me it was made in China.

I was like 'whoa, sucks for you', until i checked my front tire, corsa 2. doh! 'made in china'

didn't clue into this:

http://themarketmogul.com/pirelli-made-china/

michelin time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-13-2017, 02:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeown View Post
Was riding with a buddy the other day. He has a Diavel and had just gotten a new front pirelli diablo corsa.

he told me it was made in China.

I was like 'whoa, sucks for you', until i checked my front tire, corsa 2. doh! 'made in china'

didn't clue into this:

http://themarketmogul.com/pirelli-made-china/

michelin time

This was nearly two years ago. They still make Pirelli tires outside of China, however I expect that it isn't their Rosso line. I have the Supercorsa and they are made in Germany. Check out Metzeler... German company and subsidiary of Pirelli. Racetec K3 will likely be the next tire on my RR. I have plenty left on the 899 at the moment.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Yoshimura R-55 LE Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
post #3 of 15 Old 02-14-2017, 10:12 AM

Seriously! I like many here I expect, assumed that Pirelli's were made in italy! Doh!

If Trump wants to boos our economy, he should cut off trade with China... IF the US had to start making all the stuff that normally came from China, what a boom of employment we would have here at home! Then again, it'll never happen as China is our land lord that owns quite a bit of our country I've been told.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 02-14-2017, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

checked my rear corsa 2, it's made in germany
post #5 of 15 Old 02-14-2017, 02:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDucati View Post
Seriously! I like many here I expect, assumed that Pirelli's were made in italy! Doh!

If Trump wants to boos our economy, he should cut off trade with China... IF the US had to start making all the stuff that normally came from China, what a boom of employment we would have here at home! Then again, it'll never happen as China is our land lord that owns quite a bit of our country I've been told.

Both my AGV Pista and Corsa helmets are made in Italy, however I understand that now, even their high end lines are made in China. I am not sure about the Pista GP R, but as an example, the Corsa Ionnone Seagull Winter Test has Made in China stamped in it.

As for Dainese gear, my race suit was made in Italy, but the jackets are made in other parts of Europe. It will only be a matter of time before the production shifts to China.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Yoshimura R-55 LE Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
post #6 of 15 Old 02-16-2017, 10:06 AM

Every one of those red 'Make America Great Again' hats were made in China. The keyboard that you expressed your disgust so articulately was also made in China. The chair you sit in was also most likely made in china. Most of the parts in your computer. Your Car. etc, You see where I'm going here?

I think it's unfair to say, "Sh1t, If my tyres are made in China then, that's it! They are poor quality!". Meanwhile, everything else in your life is too because you are a Western consumer, and the industries that cater to you supply you with bottom dollar prices from poor eastern labour. Including Pirelli. I'm not in any way bagging you out because I'm in the same boat. But I know what direction we are rowing.
XCLR8TN likes this.

Last edited by Rowan; 02-16-2017 at 10:09 AM.
post #7 of 15 Old 02-16-2017, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Every one of those red 'Make America Great Again' hats were made in China. The keyboard that you expressed your disgust so articulately was also made in China. The chair you sit in was also most likely made in china. Most of the parts in your computer. Your Car. etc, You see where I'm going here?

I think it's unfair to say, "Sh1t, If my tyres are made in China then, that's it! They are poor quality!". Meanwhile, everything else in your life is too because you are a Western consumer, and the industries that cater to you supply you with bottom dollar prices from poor eastern labour. Including Pirelli. I'm not in any way bagging you out because I'm in the same boat. But I know what direction we are rowing.
yep, i'm with you. agreed on all points. but...

one of the best things about being a motorbike enthusiast is that it's one of the few things where you can still find parts and gear made where they should be. i don't mind paying more.

true, the keyboard i'm typing on was likely made in china, but it's not a safety concern if it breaks

tires... i'll fight the good fight from here on out to try to find tires made in europe or japan

<end rant>
post #8 of 15 Old 02-16-2017, 02:18 PM

Garage
I was going to say the same thing, but was beaten to it... so, I will expand on this.

Someone posted a video review of their AGV Corsa Seagull helmet and pointed out where several components didn't line up correctly and how the overall quality of the build was questionable. When I spend $1,400 on a Pista helmet to protect my noggin, I expect that every care and consideration is taken during the manufacturing process.

We have all heard or read the horror stories regarding Chinese rearsets purchased off eBay coming apart at the track. I don't expect my Rizoma rearsets to suffer the same fate.

If I purchase a Recaro office chair for $4000 , I can assure you that it is not made in China. However, I would agree that the $400 discount office chair most likely is.
Recaro Office Chair

2014 Panigale 899 - Red

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
post #9 of 15 Old 02-17-2017, 09:49 AM

Where a product is manufactured has far less to do with quality/reliability than the standards around which it was manufactured; which is the responsibility of the company whose name is on the product. Also keep in mind that the pride and workmanship that often drove the quality is gone, since most manufacturing processes these days are automated. Perhaps that's unfortunate, but it's the reality of our global economy and our desire to maintain our standard of living.
XCLR8TN likes this.
post #10 of 15 Old 02-17-2017, 10:56 AM

Garage
I disagree. I believe that the location can have an influence in the quality of the end product and this is evident with regards to the Italian made AGV helmets versus the Chinese made helmets of the same tier. Whether the process is automated along a production line or not, the tolerances still need to be maintained and the final inspection should pass above a set threshold.

Just because two or more products pass a minimum standard, it does not mean that their quality is similar.

In fact, I would argue that it isn't our desire to maintain our standard of living that is determining this, it is the quantity of the toys or material goods that we want in our lives that are determining this.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page