Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

Strange vibration and feeling with panigale

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  steveywright 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my problem started last Sunday when I turned the bike on and it wasn't as loud as before, I ignored that and rode for about 2 hours, the bike feels like it's struggling once it gets up at around 80 mph and makes a zzzzzzz noise I noticed that also the throttle feels like its fighting to stay alive. Feels as if it were choppy. I was wondering if maybe it's acting up like that because one cylinder isn't doing it's job or if it's something electronic. Lastly I now have a TON of vibration on the footpegs that I have never had before, once I'm passed 4k rpm. Anyone else experience this weird feeling or does anyone have a clue how to fix it?

#3 ·
Don't start the engine. I know of one 899 engine that was destroyed when the decompressor valve broke. I don't know if there were any symptoms before it blew but it would have not been a big deal to repair before hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.