899 Slipper clutch - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-13-2017, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

899 Slipper clutch

HI,

Anyone install a sipper clutch on a 899? I want to tackel this myslf since my bikes apart now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-14-2017, 03:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarop View Post
HI,

Anyone install a sipper clutch on a 899? I want to tackel this myslf since my bikes apart now.

So, I suppose that you are aware that once you purchase the slipper clutch, you will only receive a replacement for the stock clutch basket and it will require you to remove and reuse the clutch plates... which need to be re-installed in the correct order? Also, you will likely need to have the clutch removal tool. I understand that you can perform the work without it, but can cause serious damage in the process.

I watched my dealer do it and it appeared to be a rather complicated and time consuming task even while being performed by someone familiar with the process.

Good luck if you decide to proceed!

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Yoshimura R-55 LE Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
post #3 of 4 Old 02-14-2017, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

I am aware of reusing the clutches however debating if I should buy new ones. I also have a clutch tool on order cause i am aware cant complete without it.

Question? I know my clutch is wet, I am tring to reseach if I can install a clear cover or even worth it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-15-2017, 06:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarop View Post
I am aware of reusing the clutches however debating if I should buy new ones. I also have a clutch tool on order cause i am aware cant complete without it.

Question? I know my clutch is wet, I am tring to reseach if I can install a clear cover or even worth it?
Very good.

You would need the magnesium clutch case that comes stock on the 1199 or the one off the 959 since it is two pieces and allows you to fit the Ducabike clear clutch cover. It is neat and gets a lot of attention. However, except the gain is mostly aesthetic save for the weight loss of replacing the aluminum.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Yoshimura R-55 LE Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page