Front and Rear Sprocket options - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 03-28-2016, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Front and Rear Sprocket options

I'm in the market for some aftermarket front / rear sprockets. I came across some fronts from Renthal, but cannot find any rear ones for the stock wheels besides the superlite.

What are you guys / gals using on your setup? And where did you order it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-28-2016, 03:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3thelast@gmail.com View Post
I'm in the market for some aftermarket front / rear sprockets. I came across some fronts from Renthal, but cannot find any rear ones for the stock wheels besides the superlite.

What are you guys / gals using on your setup? And where did you order it from?
I have a Renthal rear sprocket. Bought one when I had my stock wheels, so I know they do one that fits. They also make one that fits the OZ wheels.

I bought mine from eBay (A and R Racing in the UK - link).
post #3 of 16 Old 03-28-2016, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyruz View Post
I have a Renthal rear sprocket. Bought one when I had my stock wheels, so I know they do one that fits. They also make one that fits the OZ wheels.

I bought mine from eBay (A and R Racing in the UK - link).

Ah. I thought the Renthal ones were only for aftermarket wheels. They don't even have them listed on their official website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 03-28-2016, 04:05 PM

Superlite 45 tooth here. Wasn't impressed with Supersprox's version. I'll be going Superlite from now on (yes I've been through stock + two sprockets/chains already--they last about 15k each).
Mariner and x3thelast like this.

~*Jessika*~
2014 899 Panigale
post #5 of 16 Old 03-28-2016, 07:25 PM

I went -1 in the front, and it didn't have the same effect it did on my 848. So I put the original back.
x3thelast likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2014 899 Panigale (White With Red Rims): GP Shifted(up and down shift with two shifters), Competion Werks Fender Eliminator Kit, Bikemaster Hand Grip, Shorty Levers, Seat Cowl, After Market Red Steering Damper with Black Clamp, Clutch, Brake and Rear Brake With Covers... Current Bike to Mod.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 848 EVO: Sold

2007 GSXR 600: Sold
post #6 of 16 Old 03-29-2016, 11:29 PM

Garage
Vortex makes a rear sprocket that fits (110A I believe, but have them confirm it)

Let them know I sent you if you call -they're in my hometown.

-Scott
post #7 of 16 Old 03-30-2016, 09:17 AM
Vendor

AFAM Superlite is the way to go, very durable and light weight, a real improvement.

Ducati Accessories | Ducati Apparel | Ducati OEM Parts | Ducati Omaha

I'm running the billet aluminum version of that rear sprocket on my 200HP track bike and have 1 full season and starting a 2nd season now on the sprocket with 30+ track days, and it's still in good shape. The steel "street" version should be good for many, many miles.
XCLR8TN likes this.

Jarel
Owner/GM

/

PM Me for Forum Savings Code!
post #8 of 16 Old 03-30-2016, 01:49 PM

hi guys

just wanted to know if anyone change sprocket size(front or rear) and if so, whats the noticeable difference? always heard from the reviews that the 899 had in-between gearing...sorry for the noob question.
post #9 of 16 Old 03-30-2016, 03:42 PM
Vendor

I dropped to a 14T front on the 899, better acceleration and more "in the power" on corner exits on the track, at least for the mid-sized tracks I have at home.

Jarel
Owner/GM

/

PM Me for Forum Savings Code!
post #10 of 16 Old 03-31-2016, 07:05 AM

thanks for the advice @jarelj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page